These ideas have been super beneficial to me in my life. It’s nice to have a mental framework that helps keep you in a good place when the world turns upside down …
- Being alive today is something to be grateful for. What am I going to do with this new day I’ve been given?
- Pick my priorities carefully. Don’t let the world do this for me. And when I have them, defend them.
- Mistakes are things to be learned from, not things worth being sad about. Mostly. Everything’s fine!
- Never attribute to malice what could just as easily be incompetence. This seems to make me less grumpy. 🙂
- Be a good listener.
- “In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, in the expert’s mind there are few.” The quicker I get to solutioning, the sooner I leave the land of possibility!
Things that make me happy
- Being around people I care about.
- Helping others.
A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness – Albert Einstein
- Called “Derectives” by Derek Sivers, Tools of Titans
- Shoshin (Beginner’s Mind) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin