Some big ideas that have been super beneficial to me in my life:
- Grateful. Being alive, today, and healthy with Carmen is a gift. What will I do with this new day I’ve been given?
- With intent. Pick my priorities carefully. Don’t let the world do this for me
- Subtract. Let go of things, and goals that don’t fill me up. Don’t ever take on too much. Is this thing bringing me joy?
- Learn from mistakes. Never stop reaching and growing. Failure is part of all change
- Incompetence not malice. “Never attribute to malice what could be incompetence.” Most people aren’t evil, but they do make mistakes, and they don’t know what they don’t know
- “In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, in the expert’s mind there are few.” The quicker I get to solutioning, the sooner I leave the land of possibilities!
Things that make me happy
- Being around people I care about
- Helping others
A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness – Albert Einstein